The Fleet Flyer starts at Hart Leisure Centre, Emerald Avenue, Fleet GU51 5EE
The Leisure Centre opens at 07:00.
Free parking will be available at the start/finish at Hart Leisure Centre. The usual three-hour time limit in the car park will not apply on event day.
Please plan to arrive after the car park opens at 6:30, to prevent a queue forming in the road.
Before you start
- This is not a race; the goal is to enjoy the ride and raise money for our good causes.
- Consult the weather forecast and come dressed and prepared for the day’s weather conditions, bearing in mind that the afternoon may be dramatically different from the morning.
- You can get sunburnt even on a cloudy day; slather on plenty of sunscreen before the event.
- Carry drinks and emergency food, in case you miss one of our feed stations.
- Do not leave litter – take empty wrappers and containers to the wastebins at the next feed stop.
- The Fleet Flyer is an open road sportive. Please be considerate of other road users.
- Obey the rules of the road at all times.
- Obey all instructions given by marshals, police and other emergency services if present.
- All cyclists ride at their own risk. Marshals will be present only at certain junctions. Their function is to indicate direction – you are responsible for ensuring your actions are safe.
- Much of the 55 and 90 mile routes are on narrow country lanes. Be vigilant, especially on steep descents. Warn cyclists behind you of any sudden manoeuvres such as hard braking or sharp turns.
- All routes will be well signposted and carefully checked on the morning of the event, but be aware that signs may be vandalised, removed, or re-positioned. Note also that routes are subject to change at the organiser’s discretion due to weather conditions, roadworks or other reasons. Notices of route amendments will, where possible, be put on this website and/or Facebook and/or emails to all registrants.
Registration and Start Times
Helmets are mandatory. You will be refused entry if you do not have a helmet at registration and at the start.
Registration will be on the forecourt of the Hart Leisure Centre if the weather is good, or inside if bad.
90 mile: register from 07:15 to 08:00. Riders will be set off from 08:00 in waves of 20 cyclists, five minutes between waves.
56 mile: register from 08:00 to 09:00. Riders will be set off from 09:00 in waves of 20 cyclists, five minutes between waves.
20 mile: register from 09:00 to 09:30. Riders will be set off from 09:30 in waves of 20 cyclists, five minutes between waves.
There are feed stops as shown on the Routes page in the menu above.
Food will be available at the finish at Hart Leisure Centre on the day. The leisure centre has a cafe, and we will release more information on further options as and when we confirm details. Showering facilities will also be available.
Raffle tickets for great prizes
Raffle tickets will be on sale on the event day, at £5 for a strip of five:
- Grand Prize – Everyone Active have very generously donated the Grand Prize of a year’s full membership for 1 adult. This is worth £599 (RRP) and includes unlimited access to the gym, pool, all classes, sauna and steam room at all Everyone Active centres.
- 1st Prize – Dinner for two (two main courses) plus bottle of wine, up to total value of £65 at the Hart House Pub in Fleet
- 2nd Prize – Dinner for two, up to £50, at the Exchequer, or any RedMist Leisure Pub
- 3rd & 4th Prizes – (two available) socks plus £40 voucher for WyndyMilla, Seale, Surrey
- 5th, 6th & 7th Prizes – (three available) Voucher for sitting plus 8×10 photo at Captured Moment in Fleet, worth £35
- 8th Prize – Voucher for £30 at the Oatsheaf in Fleet
Thank you to all the businesses above who have generously supported the Fleet Flyer with raffle prizes.
All proceeds from the raffle will go to our chosen charities.
Weather Forecast for Fleet
Click the Met Office link below. Note that the organisers are not responsible for the content of such external websites.